View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 12:39 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Last year, the Yankees played in the ALCS. Their roster this year isn't all that different. The difference are injuries and lapses in production from most of the same players who took the team to the ALCS last year.

The Mets lost in the Wild Card series last year, totally revamped their roster, then traded their biggest signings away.

So, why are the Mets better?
The Mets aren't better, but they have an owner who is willing to spend (like the Yankees used to have). For this reason I believe they are closer to competing next year and beyond than the Yankees are.

Half the Yankees position players are dead weight (including Stanton), their pitching staff is in shambles (don't tell me you trust Severino or Rodon even a little bit), and their bullpen is inconsistent, especially at the back end.

I'll bet on the team that is going to pay big money for FAs and have Edwin Diaz back for next year and beyond.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry