View Single Post
Old 08-13-2023, 07:59 AM
d.ean

That sucks.

Clearly it is very easy for someone to compromise a package and take possession of the contents. Packages heading to or from PSA are easy pickings and could result in a nice payday. When shipping mailers like the compromised package in the thread, I will now reinforce the edges and cover the seals with heavy duty tape, to leave no doubt it was an inside deliberate job.

In my early 20's, I landed a part time job at the local UPS warehouse for the upcoming holiday season. The size of the operation was mind boggling as in how a package arrives at your front door. The rules were don't touch anything that was open. Box opens and spills all over the floor, leave it alone and keep sorting. The story was told about the employee who pinched jerseys on the way to Redskins park. After working at UPS, I fathomed that the USPS was UPS times 10. I fully understood the phrase "going postal" and how fruitless it was to write "fragile" or "this end up" or "handle with care" on a package.

Anyway, the majority of employees do their job and go home. Sadly, there will always be a certain element who will take advantage of a situation to make some cash on the side. Until there is a chronic problem, given the sheer volume, it is easier to payoff the claim then investigate and prosecute.

Last edited by Huck; 08-13-2023 at 07:59 AM.