View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 03:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I am not so sure why so many people have problems with potential buyers bringing up comps? Sure there are cards that sells so infrequently that comps are useless. But for more commonly sold or traded issues, comps are quite valuable. They are certainly a good starting point for negotiation. Many dealers prices are detached from reality, especially at the national. I have no problem with someone showing me proof that my prices are out of line.
The problem is that comps are using actual data and facts and when properly used are rooted in reality, which many people in this hobby really hate. Especially if facts are used in a way not advantageous to the agenda of the seller. Buyers who are uneducated or who come to believe it is somehow rude to access public information in front of a seller to check the price, are much preferred and more likely to overpay. That comps can work out for the seller too, rarely seems to enter the equation because the goal is to sell over market, not to sell around market.