View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 07:56 PM
Rich Klein

Default Sad News -- Mark Jordan of Heritage

This is posted on Jimmy Spence's FB Page

Yet another sports memoribilia icon has passed.
Mark Jordan, consignment director at Heritage Auctions of Dallas, TX died at the age of 69.
Jordan was a pioneer dealer, show promoter and historian who operated a luxury suite in centerfield at the Ballpark in Arlington (Texas Rangers) during the 1990s. Mark told me that in southern Florida he ran the 4th ever baseball card show at the age of 13! It was Mark that introduced me to Bill Huggins, Jim Beckett, Wes Parker, David Wells, Greta and Dick Decourcy, Rich Russek, Mike Gutierrez, John Brigandi, Andy Imperato, Joe Esposito, Kit Young, Bob Schmerer, Lew Lipset, Kevin Isaacson and countless other hobby notables in my early professional career. I traveled and set up with Mark at numerous nationwide conventions, admired (and soaked up) his knowledge, attended All-Star and World Series games, dined in the finest restaurants alongside of him. I credit him for giving me a prominent start in the autograph industry. Over ten years ago, Mark suffered (as a passenger) paralyzing injuries in a road rage car accident after attending an evening gourmet food tasting event. Rest in peace, my friend.