View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 05:40 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Default Any issue with bring up comps when buying or selling a card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Of course a fair comp is relative to the scarcity, condition, etc. I did not say otherwise. If someone cites a G grade sale for your EX card that would be unreasonable. No one has said otherwise. That is not what was actually said, just something easier for you to argue.

If you want to tell anyone who cites previous sales to shove it up their ass, that is right. That kind of nasty behavior is obviously going to tell some people who think that it might be a good idea to look at other sales that this is an unreasonable policy and not worth even dealing with.

If a person sees a seller with a PSA 5 Mantle, and they look at other PSA 5 sales of that Mantle recently and use them as part of the basis for their offer, and that seller tells them to take those comps and shove it up their asshole, 90% of buyers will drop it there (or throw some dirt back). The scenario does not have an unfair comp being used as anyone will agree that's not good. I get that scenario is easier to defend now, but that is not what was said.

You should also see that I was being facetious in my response. Then I offered an explanation to the post. Not for sense of argument but a basis. You answer with a dissertation because it sounds like you would feel insulted if the dealer said that and probably have had someone tell you to go away in past. I normally don't respond to ignorance but in this case it deserves it.

If you were to come to buy from me you'd see I'm friendly and easy to deal with. If you come reciting comps and have a history with other people in the hobby of aggravating and insulting them well I'm sure like others will pay less attention to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ezez420; 07-11-2023 at 06:15 AM.