View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 05:35 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezez420 View Post
Fair comps are relative to the scarcity, condition of the card for the grade and other factors.

Just like Beckett price guide was a "guide" or "SMR" so is VCP. And if you want to recite the price guide then go ahead but it's a turn off. Do it discretely.

But I guess all this comes with levels of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course a fair comp is relative to the scarcity, condition, etc. I did not say otherwise. If someone cites a G grade sale for your EX card that would be unreasonable. No one has said otherwise. That is not what was actually said, just something easier for you to argue.

If you want to tell anyone who cites previous sales to shove it up their ass, that is right. That kind of nasty behavior is obviously going to tell some people who think that it might be a good idea to look at other sales that this is an unreasonable policy and not worth even dealing with.

If a person sees a seller with a PSA 5 Mantle, and they look at other PSA 5 sales of that Mantle recently and use them as part of the basis for their offer, and that seller tells them to take those comps and shove it up their asshole, 90% of buyers will drop it there (or throw some dirt back). The scenario does not have an unfair comp being used as anyone will agree that's not good. I get that scenario is easier to defend now, but that is not what was said.