View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 01:08 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
This is a good way to identify people it ain't worth dealing with. If I bring up what the card is selling for, using fair and recent comps, and the potential seller tells me to shove it up my ass, then I know that A) his price will not be within the realm of reason and B) they have anger issues and are not worth dealing with or giving my address too anyways.

I get not being happy with very old or unfair and not comparable comps, but objecting to the use of third party facts and data is not reasonable and insulting people who choose to use data and facts is a rather extreme and hostile approach.

I have good luck engaging reasonably with people. Comps are a good, reasonable pricing method for routinely available cards. Great scarcities are hard to comp and are more of a gut feel and how much do I want it conversation. Usually there is a way to get the seller a good profit and get me the card at a price I am happy with too, and we may amicably do business and converse. Haven't yet had someone tell me to shove the data up my ass, but I'm sure it will happen!
You read my mind… I just never understand unprovoked “baseball card anger”