View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 02:30 PM
CJ

Thanks for the tips. I was going to try the careful fingernail first, starting on the card and pulling out to the matte, since it's a more removal friendly tape. Then, I'll try the other ideas if that goes nowhere.

There was a marking on the frame that said it was done in 1989. So, it may be a little stuck on there. I didn't want to mess with it without outside opinions.

I agree that it does look good matted. Unfortunately, it was matted alongside of a fake autograph. (I expected that to be fake, but thought the card looked good.) I was really hoping that the framer just matted over the card's borders. I pulled the frame apart to see the back, then cut the matte in half to just keep the Turkey Red portion.

I may remove the tape, then re-tape it with a better backing and put it in a new frame.

But, I was thinking about just sending it off to be graded and potentially selling somewhere.

I got such a good deal on it that I'm in no rush, and this is my first Cobb card. Might savor it a bit first before parting with it haha.

Oh, and if I was going to submit to PSA or SGC... Since this one is cut, would you recommend using a Card Saver 4 size semi-rigid holder? They don't make the soft penny sleeves that big, right? Just put it right in the Card Saver 4? If it won't fit the 4, what should I use?

I've only done standard cards before.

Last edited by Prof; 07-08-2023 at 02:48 PM.