View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 08:36 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Thinking about it a bit more, I think the biggest issue for most of us is that we want to hold onto what we already have, and we want to add to it, because more is more. And selling some stuff to buy other stuff may not really be how we view our approach to collecting, particularly if we're really attached to the stuff we have. I just want it all. Is that really so much to ask!!!??
I sold all that I wanted to sell, and I don't want to sell any more. I got a dream item: Barry Larkin GU bat with provenance from a member on Net54. I told my wife what I sold and bought. She was happy for me, but she said, "I wish you had kept the Honus Wagner, isn't he the million dollar baseball card guy." You know you made a mistake if your spouse is sad about a card you no longer have. All that did was make me get the bug to replace it!

When I was younger, I wanted to have a museum worthy collection, my own little HOF museum that told a story. Selling my items kind of ruins that dream.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo