View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 11:19 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Rae Caruth, Aaron Hernandez, Kobe Bryant, Ja Morant in that order. Folks love to apply current moral standards to players of the past. Players today are worse than the players of 1910. We've gone from systemic racism which we've made great strides in curing to excusing bad behavior and personal responsibility for sports stars.
Both are wrong in my opinion.
Ah, I was thinking of baseball and couldn't come with up anything that fit. Makes sense. Caruth got 18 years for conspiracy to commit murder. Hernandez was acquitted at trial (I have not seen any evidence he was acquitted for dishonest reasons, like OJ) but is widely seen as absolutely guilty and is reviled. I'm not sure I'm seeing how they have been excused or given a pass though? Athletes back then also committed homicide. What am I missing? I am not aware of any significant faction in the US that believes an athlete should be allowed to commit murder without consequence or gives a pass for it.

EDIT: Actually, I believe Hernandez was found guilty of the first homicide and not guilty of the other two, and was serving a life sentence already.

Last edited by G1911; 06-19-2023 at 11:23 PM.