View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 09:23 AM
Paul Lehr

November of 2022 I had a return package coming back from PSA/DNA. It contained four key photos from my collection, three of Fred Clarke and one of Vic Willis from 1909, all Type 1's. All four were taken by Louis Van Oeyen, and I'd never seen these images anywhere else. I tracked the package every day and couldn't wait to get the photo's back. Long story short, FedEx delivered them to someone else. They were not signed for by me or anyone else at my company. FedEx maintained they were delivered to me even though I did not know the person who supposedly signed for them, and the fact that I have video footage of the front and back of my building showing no FedEx trucks on the premises within three hours before or after the stated time of delivery.
For all the shit they get I will say that PSA stepped up and paid me for the declared value of my photos, and also refunded me all shipping, authentication, and encapsulation fees.
I've since reached out to every card shop within 100 miles, searched local Craigslist, KSL Classifieds, and Facebook market place adds, as well as weekly eBay searches looking for the photos to turn up, but they seem to have disappeared. At this point I don't care who has them or how they obtained the photos, I'd just like to have the opportunity to buy them back. As a Pirates, photo, and deadball collector, this was a major loss to me as I could care less about the money.