View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 01:07 AM
Rolf Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Beldini View Post
Hi. I have a few cards that were returned graded lower than expected. I know it happens to all of us. I plan on re-submitting a few of them. My question: From your experience, is it better to crack the slabs open and submit raw? ...or is it better to leave them slabbed and resubmit as-is. Any input would be appreciated.

I’m kind of new, so I apologize if my response lacks the experience of more seasoned collectors, but your request has sparked some curiosity and confusion on my part. It seems like you have doubts about the grading process and the integrity of the grading company, yet you're considering investing more time, money, and taking on additional risks to resubmit the cards. This raises the question of what the purpose of submitting cards for grading is if you don't have trust in the initial grade or the service.

While grading is subjective to some extent, and it's understandable that there can be discrepancies in the assessments, it's crucial to remember that grading aims to provide a standardized measure of a card's condition and establish a common language for collectors and investors. However, if you feel that the grading company you used is unreliable or didn't meet your expectations, perhaps exploring other grading companies with a more reputable track record could be an alternative worth considering. It might offer you a greater sense of confidence in the grading process?

It’s up to you if you’re willing to trust any tpg, but if you’re going to grade, it should be logical to put your time and money into something you can more or less trust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk