View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 03:28 PM
Todd Schultz

I guess I am not understanding what it is you want. You say there are only two days in 1920 where WaJo pitched-- Opening Day and July 1, and you are confident that your type 1 is from 1920. If so it has to be the latter date if in fact the photo is from a game he pitched, right?

The two photos are obviously of different dates given the two different scoreboard ads, and we know that the scoreboard shown on Opening Day is not the same as on the type 1 photo. That leaves the series from June 29-July 1, and Walter only pitched in the finale. The photo seems to show him warming up while his mates took infield, and throwing in front of the first-base line. Seems doubtful to me he would be just throwing to get loose before one of the other games-- and the spot where he is throwing is likely used by the starter of the day.

The only other series where the Senators visited Fenway in 1920 was the last series of the season at the end of September. WaJo was shut down in mid-July with a bad arm, and likely was not even there.

Are you thinking the year of your pic might be something other than 1920?

NEVER MIND-- It seems you are open to the fact that the photo may be from a year other than 1920
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 05-16-2023 at 03:32 PM.