View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 11:19 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
Hey Greg,

I think with the mixed sheets we are back to something you and I have discussed many times with some of the other sets. My guess is the mixed sheet were printed at one of the smaller printing facility's only.
I'm sure most people would disagree with me but I don't think the T206 Magie error was ever corrected I think it was an error that was made on the sheets printed at one of the smaller facility's and it was always correct on the sheets printed at the main ALC facility.

As for the 1909 distribution date I think 1910 is probably the correct date I have mentioned it many times that most of the sets from that era were distributed a year after what the backs reflect.
I think we are at the point where your hypothesis is the deductive likelihood, if not yet proven it seems much more likely to be the case than to not be the case with the evidence we have found on how the ALC operated.

The Philadelphia Caramels appear to not be an American Lithography production, and probably don't follow the New York law. Some of the subjects the ALC doesn't appear to have had rights too, and the art style is unlike them (particularly the feminization of the E96 subjects). I'm not sure the same will apply; it may well be done a shop. I'm not aware of any evidence on who the printer is, but if anyone does that would be very helpful.