Thread: For seniors
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 05:25 AM
Richard

Bought packs of baseball cards since I was a kid and fortunately kept what I had. Nearly 70 now and have been collecting in earnest for over 50 years. Man has the hobby changed! I remember when finding a card you didn't have was more important than finding a star card, especially for the really old stuff. I never thought I'd sell but now I've got to admit, I'm thinking about it. Got some dishes my mom collected and they are in a box in the garage...where they've been for 20 years. Got a coin collection my dad had. Been in a tub for 10 years. I think my cards may have the same destiny. I've got a pretty extensive collection with complete sets back into the 50's and several notebooks of vintage cards. I've loved the chase and I've loved learning about the cards--who produced them and for what reason and the nuances of each set (why do some sets not have certain numbers, etc). But now I'm trying to decide if the financial comfort that a sale would give me outweighs pulling a notebook off the shelf and reliving "the good ole days". Any opinions on who to deal with if I opt to sell? Some I've looked at are Deans, Baseball Card Market, American Legends, Greg Morris, etc.