Thread: Real Cobb?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Other issues could have been due to poor photography, weird aging, etc.
That's what the forger/seller wanted you to think. Funny how so many terrible fakes are sold with terrible photography. If you were selling an expensive item that you actually thought was real, wouldn't you make certain you offered better photos/scans than this, or ask someone for help if you were unable to do it nicely yourself?

Quote:
the potential of getting a Cobb for less than half of what I anticipated.
Again, that's what the seller/forger wants you to think. While deals can be had on the rarest of occasions, poor photography combined with the verbiage in the listing should have been enough to scare you away. Unfortunately, if you can't spot such an elementary fake (let alone the 150 back), please don't roll the dice until you learn a lot more. I don't mean to be harsh in saying this and I don't want you to think any of this is said with an air of condescension. I just want you not to waste your time, even if you felt that your money was secure due to the eBay guarantee. I mean, it's your money and life, but enough occasions like this can tend to dampen even the most enthusiastic collector, and we don't want that to happen to you!

Quote:
I guess the real risk was/is how good are the authenticators and how good is Ebay's guarantee?
This is one of the worst forgeries I have ever seen. Ray Charles would have failed this thing.