Thread: For seniors
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 05:08 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I am 81 soon to be 82. I know my wife could care less about my collection, not only my Cubs and Bears stuff and the other baseball and football stuff I have collected over the years but I still look for vintage stuff (and some non-vintage Cubs stuff). I also know she could care less about my A&W Root Beer mug collection, Mighty Mouse collection and other things but I hang on to this stuff for no reason other than it gives me pleasure to look at it and enjoy the memories of where (when I can remember) I got it. What I have done is to send the collection of stuff I have acquired over the years of the small town in Wisconsin I grew up in to a business owner in that town who is going to add it to his display of memorabilia he has for local people to enjoy. I also have acquired a small batch of stuff from the city I currently live in and am going to give that to the local archives. As for my collection of sports stuff, I have contacted a member of this site and he has agreed to put it all in his auctions when the time comes. I find the pleasure of looking at, finding and acquiring new Cubs stuff far out ways the dollars I would get by selling it all now. I don't need the money so why not continue to get pleasure out of life.