View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 01:46 AM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Obviously every person has a bias - I have many of them. I claim we should separate statements of my opinions from claims to actual fact. I claim that we should provide evidence for a claim to fact. Feel free to point out a claim to fact here that is incorrect.

I think that claims to fact should be built on evidence, and that the research should be before the conclusion. You know, very basic logic of the middle school variety. I know that’s unpopular with people that prefer to not have an evidentiary basis or have to ascertain facts. I have never noticed a correlation between being correct and ignoring an evidentiary basis. If my biased dumb ass can handle basic logic, I’m sure you brilliant gentleman may do so as well.
I’m glad you brought this up. One of the biggest myths on this Board is that “ears don’t change” when aging. This fallacy is used to ID players in photos (especially in comparing the photos of the younger player to his older shelf).

This is from WebMD:

“You may have heard that your nose and ears never stop growing. As you get older, you might notice that your nose looks bigger or your earlobes look longer than they did when you were younger. Is there any truth to the idea that they are still growing?

Your nose and ears indeed change as you get older, but it isn’t that they’re growing. Instead, what you’re seeing is the effects of skin changes and gravity. Other parts of your body change in the same ways, but your ears and nose are more visible and more noticeable.”

Last edited by EddieP; 05-10-2023 at 01:47 AM.