View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Oh, so I should go through life not judging people and companies based on the merits of my own personal experience with them, but instead on hearsay from others about their dealings. So while I’ve purchased 5 Toyotas in my life and never had a problem and had impeccable personal service, I should be more concerned with other people’s experiences with their cars. Interesting idea.
It depends on your objective. If your objective is to avoid altered cards as best you can, which is my objective, then yes, in a hobby infested with altered cards, card doctors and their enablers, it can be very important to evaluate the conventional wisdom and to be receptive to what people you trust or who have no incentive to dissemble say.. If you just want the card I mean the slab, then sure go with whoever ships it quickly and securely.

And cars are a poor analogy, cars are commodities. Very different from cards, where some are natural and some are altered and it's not always easy to tell the difference or which sellers are more likely than others to be selling altered.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-09-2023 at 08:37 PM.