View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
My guess is most people think it's fine for strip cards and cereal boxes and the like but not so much for a regular Topps sheet or Goudey sheet. The more interesting question to me is the hypothetical scenario in which one comes into possession of both an original uncut sheet from the factory and the original paper cutting machinery used at the factory so that they are capable of creating genuine fresh factory-cut cards from their uncut sheet.
I would not consider those legit, I guess. Since we're talking hypotheticals, suppose someone found Goudey sheets and the original cutting machinery stashed away somewhere tomorrow. Hard for me to accept that a card cut in 2023 should be regarded the same as a 1930s card. Would it have value, of course, but the circumstances should be disclosed. And if that's the case, via Socratic method I think one reaches the same conclusion for any subsequent cut.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-05-2023 at 09:15 AM.