View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 08:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
As a follow up thought. If the market will pay the same for a disclosed alteration if it is in a graded holder then why would you NOT disclose?
You and I both know why even if Travis doesn't. Because it has the potential to drive down the price, perhaps significantly. Just think, this whole scandal could have been avoided if Brent and everyone else had just disclosed cards they knew to be altered. There's an obvious reason they hide it. Look at all the money Brent could have saved on restitution!! And for that matter, why were people returning trimmed cards in droves if it's irrelevant?? Why was the FBI even investigating and issuing subpoenas? Why was Brent scared shitless of going to jail such that he was buying back cards left right and center to position himself better? Why is PSA still rejecting cards as trimmed, I mean who gives a fuck, right?

Travis I agree with you there are a lot of people who don't care. But especially with vintage collectors, I think there is still a substantial group that does, and who would not knowingly pay market price for a card identified as altered. Therefore, alteration is still a material fact.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-03-2023 at 09:08 PM.