View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 12:20 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemb View Post
Since I retired a couple of years ago, I have more trouble remembering what day it is.

I take most of my meds in the morning so my pill box lets me know what day it is, so for at least a little while I know what day of the week it is.

When I retired I put most of the monthly bills on automatic payment so I would not forget any of them. When my wife found out she thought I was a genius for doing this for her in case I got sick and went into the hospital. She would not have to worry about the bills being paid.

Mike

This is a good thing to do, for awhile. I did the same thing but then got to thinking - if I go before my wife she would have no idea what bills need to be paid and, since she is not really computer literate, the bills would end up being not paid and she would have no idea until the water and power got shut off. So I stopped paying the bills I was paying automatically with no paper coming to the house and had them coming again. I still pay them on-line but do it every month. This way, if I go before she does, the bills will come and she can pay them by check.