View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
If you're looking to break some wax just to scratch that itch, then I've found that you can buy a whole lot of junk era wax for less than it would have cost you when it was new.
I think my wife would kill me if I brought more junk wax into the house. I did a few clean-outs and sold/gave-away a ton of the stuff during the pandemic hobby surge. It's nice to have that space back.

I'll buy a few blasters or packs every now and then. The hobby boxes are getting more rare for me to purchase even on a year-to-year basis, and it's been like that for a decade+.

I generally go for something crazy/fun like the modern Allen and Ginter to open just for the fun of it. Snagged 3 hobby boxes this year (first hobby boxes in many years) and traded to put together a set.

I pulled an Alice Cooper auto and promptly sold it while the price was still hot. That said, this is why I don't bust stuff even though I technically "won" the gamble. The Cooper auto paid for the cost of almost all 3 boxes, but I pulled a high-end desirable card I didn't even want. I got nothing against Cooper, but I like $325 more than I like Alice Cooper autographs.