View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Frank Wakefield

I too am guilty, and an undisciplined repeat offender.

After years, I have finally completed the Metro Studio Cardinals sepia prints... mainly due to the kindness of a fellow collector / board member. Mahalo!

I keep gathering a few of those dear white border tobacco cards. Making some progress with W572s (I like those little cards) and E254s (pics of early ball players, with origins in my home state of Kentucky).

And then I find myself buying at least a Topps Cardinals team set each year, and maybe some of the Cardinals Topps Now cards. I have myself a Jordan Walker card ))))

And, I still bid on those Topps 2004 numbered ___ / 1955 cards of Albert Pujols cards.
At the end of last season, I ordered a pair of upper deck cheap seat tickets for each of the Pirates last 3 home games... against the Cardinals at the end of the season. Then gosh golly... I have 3 pair of tickets, Pujols hit his last regular season home run, #703, on that next to last game I think... that may be a good investment in 4 1/2 years if he's getting elected into The Hall.

Doc, a friend of mine was right, when he told me I wasn't a baseball fan. I knew it had to be a jest, but he was serious. He then told me that he and I weren't baseball fans; we were fans of 19th and 20th century baseball, but not this 21st century version. He's about right.

I still like that first edition of Bill James' Historical Baseball Abstract...