View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 08:47 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
[/U]QUOTE=batsballsbases;2325696]Rob its a simple rule of supply and demand... As you know I reached out to probably every pin collector on this site and other pin sites B/S/T wanting that Alou to finish my giants run... for years! Not one of you guys wanted to sell or trade yours.(and I understand that completely as a collector) And as you know pins arnot like cards way fewer examples exist. SO when one becomes available and as I have told you many times before open up that snapper purse and buy it because you may wait years until you find one again.... A guide is a guide simple as that... look at the dodgers pins pauls guide (dont get me started on pauls guide ruined pin collecting by the way) Jackie robinson guide 4000 sold 13,000 Preacher Roe guide 1000 sold 2000 on and on. So me paying about 100 more remember 18% commission also doesnt bother me... I will just sell off a few others and the cost will come down... BUT now I have one.... Here is what we are talking about.
For sure. There MIGHT be another SF Giants you don’t know about. A buddy told me he saw it on a woman’s hat at a Giants game. If his eyes weren’t deceiving him, I can’t believe he let her get away without buying that pin![/QUOTE]

Agreed Rob new examples come to light alot but for now I believe I own all that are known... Thats the fun of pins love when new ones come to light...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..