View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 07:09 PM
Rich Klein

My WTF moment of the show was when I asked the price of a PC796 Cobb, I got a response of "its not for sale." If its not for sale, why bother having it in your showcase? I could understand if this was an auction preview, or even a significant "WOW look at that" type card like a T206 Wagner, high grade 52 Nantle, etc to grab peoples attention, but this doesn't seem like that type of card

Sometimes, even if it not a significant WOW card you put a card into the showcase to possibly entice a collector or dealer who might have something similar to show it to you and see if you want their cards. It is why back in the day, many dealers had an expensive (for that time) vintage card or cards in their showcase even if they had mostly modern cards. Why? Well to try to get more of those older cards. Actually that does make perfect sense if you really think about it.

Back in the day, Seth Poppel would display high school yearbooks of famous people and very few were for sale so he could either juice the market or pick up other yearbooks

Regards
Rich