View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 01:05 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
To be honest, the vast majority of items for sale here do not sell because of high pricing.

I know because I list a few items here from time to time and rarely sell anything even though I think I price reasonably. That is because I am the seller. I tend to overvalue my own items and undervalue everyone else's items.
Reasonably priced cards typically sell within a few days. However, high-priced cards do not, and the seller’s thread typically contains several “bump” or “ttt” posts. Surprisingly, the seller sometimes won’t even lower the price even after the fourth bump or ttt post. How did Einstein define insanity?

eBay’s fees are right around 15%. It’s has millions of eyes viewing items. Net54 may have several hundred eyes viewing a card. So, if the average eBay sale price is $100.00, list the card at $85.00 or $90.00. It’s a win-win. The seller nets more than an eBay sale, and the buyer saves money.

It’s not rocket science. Unless it’s a rare item or has extremely high eye-appeal, I’ll never pay eBay prices for a card listed on this site. Why would anyone?