View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 12:45 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

All of these were taken at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia. All were taken down at Darling Harbour. This was a gathering area near downtown. There were two fireworks shows there every night. Coca Cola radio was set up there (small studios set up for any radio station from around the world to use). This is also where they held boxing, fencing, judo, weightlifting, wrestling and volleyball.

holyfield-1.jpg

Evander Holyfield. A friend and I were the only ones who recognized him.

Biondi-1.jpg

Matt Biondi - 11 medals in swimming (8 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze) 1984-1992. I am six feet tall.

connor-1.jpg

Bart Conner - gold medal gymnast 1984. Married to Nadia Comaneci. We share a birthday. He is one year older than me.

algeria-1.jpg

Members of the Algerian Boxing Team - Madjhoud Nourendine, Abdel Hani Kenzi and Nacer Keddam.

mongolia-1.jpg

Members of the Mongolian team - Tsendayub Ochirbat, Dorjpalan Narmandoleh and Ganaa Galbradakh. The cowboy had I am wearing was used by them in the Opening Ceremony. It sits on top of one of my bookcases.

56-basketball-1.jpg

Member of the 1956 Australian basketball team. I do not recall his name. I was walking down the street and he passed me. He was wearing the lapel pin that the IOC gives every Olympic competitor. It is a gold torch with the Olympic rings and the year of competition. I followed him into his bank.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-25-2023 at 01:08 AM.