View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
OMG, what fun that was! And I honestly don't believe there's ever been a National that had as many quality cards as this tiny show. Seriously. How about Dan McKee's complete 1910 Washington Times set for starters? Ryan's display was off the charts ridiculous, including an SGC 6.5 WaJo. Val's Holland Creamery 29/30! Babe Ruth gamer in the room--what can you say about that! Nice room, too, good food, and SO many beautiful cards. I even did some business, plenty enough to have made it worthwhile on that front alone. Lovely time chatting with Ryan's wife and many of the guys I knew from the old days or were meeting for the first time. Thanks Andrew and Ryan for making it happen.
Hank, it was great to see you again and to see your display of special stuff. The framed notebook cover of WaJo that I got from you will be hung on the wall of my man cave tomorrow.

A slight correction to your comment re my display. I had 17 of the 18 cards in the 1925 Holland Creameries set of the World Champion Senators. And, I had 29 of the set of 30 small photos of the 1924 Senators players (same pics as are in the Senators 1924 World Series program) produced by National Photo Co.

If I were to win a Make A Wish contest and had my choice of any card from all the spectacular cards in the room, my choice would be Dan Mckee's to-die-for 1910 Washington Times card of WaJo (those who know what I collect will understand why this would be my choice)!
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.