View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 12:46 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Times have changed for me into mainly purchasing graded high value cards, vice raw. With that said, in past years I have purchased a raw 52 Topps Mantle 311, 2 - 53 Topps Mantles, 54 Aaron rookie, 54 Banks rookie, autographed Koufax rookie, etc. etc. etc. All raw, all of which I had graded, all of which were authentic.

I have purchased fakes, that I thought were authentic. They were all mainly pre-war cards that I didn't take enough time to do - due diligence.

I have purchased fakes, that I knew were fake, just to keep as a reference. They have come in handy through the years, especially the 52 Mantle's. There are some really good fake Mantles in existence!
I couldn't care any less if any of my cards are fake. They're real to me, and that's all that matters. That said, I am pretty sure all of my tobacco, pre and post war cards that I really care about are real. But if not, in the end I don't care.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***