View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 03:00 PM
Ian H@ll

My thoughts from the Philly Show for the last year and a half:

1) Bring cash. I assume some dealers will take electronic payments, but cash just makes everything easier.

2) Be polite. From what I've seen and heard, the bad experiences people reference stem from someone being rude.

3) From my experience, prices are buffed 20-40% over recent online sale comparisons. In 5 trips around the Philly Show (30-40 hours of walking and browsing), I've seen exactly 1 card that was a priced as a bargain. In general, dealers know that they're asking above comparable sales and are almost always willing to bargain if you follow Rule #2.

4) Don't be afraid to make offers. The worst thing that can happen is they say no, but don't forget Rule #2 when negotiating.

5) Have a way to protect valuables (cash, cards, etc). Some use those big cases, but make sure you are mindful of your surroundings.

6) Kind of goes along with Rule #2, but be respectful of the dealer's time and space. Don't interrupt if they're talking to someone. I also try not to set anything down on their display cases, unless it's absolutely necessary and I ask first.
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906