View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 09:09 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
A card is a card is a card. The player never owned it and never touched it. Memorabilia is a different story in many cases.
That is one of the reasons I switched. Collecting cards for more than 30 years was a blast! But with modern cards, it was just becoming too much and too expensive; and I quit long before all of this craziness of today. If these current modern collectors, flippers, or investors think 10 years from now they will get even close to half the amount they are paying today for these high dollar cards...it's not happening.

But even since I stopped collecting cards, I still like looking. Just don't have the desire to pull the trigger for a $75,000 rookie card of a player who is in their 1st or 2nd year and has a lot of potential.

Collecting game used memorabilia is at a much slower pace, but still enjoyable. With cards, I couldn't keep up with what I was buying and what I had in my collection.

I plan to sell all of my stuff before I die; however, I don't know how to determine when that is