View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 07:51 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

One of the things that pushed me persobnally away from cards a bit is just the never ending sales of more and more. And more and more discoveries. I have a decent looking card I'm happy with, and now there are 15 of them at auction this very minute far superior to mine. I know the answer is be happy with what you have, but the specialness of some of this seems to have waned for me in the never ending auction cycle we now live in. A massive catalog gets dropped on my front steps now once a week. What was special now is just a regular churn. Obviously many people feel differently.

A card is a card is a card. The player never owned it and never touched it. Memorabilia is a different story in many cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
For me, when I was collecting cards, it just became too much for me. I wanted to collect everything (with modern cards that's easy to do). It became too expensive, plus I had boxes and boxes of cards that I rarely looked at. That's when I decided to switch from baseball cards to baseball game used memorabilia. There's not a lot of baseball game used memorabilia to choose from, so it's much easier for me to be selective in what I buy, and it helps me keep things under control with my spending. I think I just hit a wall with collecting cards, so it was easy for me to sell them. I didn't have any regrets.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-13-2023 at 07:54 AM.