View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Collecting is always an individual pursuit, so I suspect our answers will be all over the board depending on our motivations and goals.

Personally, for the most part I’m a player collector. Typically the only reason why I sell is because I’ve upgraded.

The other exception being sometimes to get a piece that I want for a player that I collect, I have to pick up a larger lot. Sometimes that larger lot leads to me collecting a new set. But a lot of the time, I’ll turn around and sell off the pieces that I didn’t really ever want, but had to buy to get the piece that I wanted.

Having said that, someday my collecting journey will end. Hopefully not because it’s the end of everything, but simply because it’s time to move on, and I’m ready to cash out to help fund my retirement. Probably still a few decades away.

And if I’m honest, if someone comes along that is crazy enough to pay me many multiples of what it’s worth, I would probably sell my collection even earlier. But while it’s an interesting hypothetical, it seems highly improbable.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel