View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 10:17 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

I guess I always assumed this is what 95% of the people on the board do. Buy occasionally, sell occasionally, refine the collection, branch out, move things on that no longer resonate loudly. Am I mistaken? Are there a lof of collectors who buy and never plan on sellng any of their stuff? I'm not quite knocking on heaven's door at this point (I hope), but I have little interest in in leaving my heirs 100s or 1000s of things the need to deal with. To me that seems like it could be a burden.
I don't want to say I will never sell, because my collecting journey is really still in it's infancy. I don't have children yet, but hopefully one day when I do, I can pass down some of my cards to them, assuming they are interested.

I have some smaller modern pieces in my collection, that I plan on parting with soon, in order to fund eventual vintage purchases. I do want to say that the core of my collection, will never be sold, at least in my lifetime, barring any life changing events. There are certain cards I have fond memories and sentimental attachments too.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.