View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 12:54 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Bob, well stated. As for me, I'm in NJ and this is the first year I got the 1099-k from Ebay. My sales in 2022 were about half of what they were in 2021. My purpose of posting wasn't to complain, I'm going to state my total sales from Ebay and other sources regardless of getting a 1099-k or not, but more to make folks aware not to assume they aren't getting a 1099-k just because Ebay is not required to send it. I think this part of your post should really be emphasized.
No worries, I didn't think you were complaining at all. New Jerseys is not one of the states that has already enacted a lower reporting threshold limit, so if I were you, I would still be a bit concerned as to why they did send me a 1099-K form if I didn't go over the $20K/299 transactions threshold limits. You still might want to try calling them to find out why they did send you that 1099-K they really didn't have to. You never know, there could be some other issue with their system, or error in their records, that affected you. Usually better to fix things early before they possibly get worse later on.

The point about how you can still be sent a 1099, even if someone wasn't legally required to, is still 100% valid for everyone.