View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 04:50 PM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
What are you saying? Who do you want to remind; the Marines, Army, Navy, Homeland Security, ATF, FBI, Secret Service, the admin clerk sitting behind a desk, the lady helping you fill out an application for Social Security? Specifically, who do you think is wasting the taxpayer dollars and who do you want to remind?

The federal government is the largest employer in the United States. Yes, there are issues. Yes, there are individuals who commit crimes. Federal employees come from our society and I think are very representative of American society as a whole. I don't want to guess what you're implying, so I won't. But maybe be a little more specific when you make such allegations so as not to insult every employee of the federal government.

A bit of a stretch going from someone misusing their position to "But let's not stop there, there are so many people in government wasting our taxpayer dollars or taking advantage of their position it's disgusting. Let's remind them they work for us not the other way around."
I served 30 years in the Navy and 13 years civil service with the Navy. At first, my reaction was like yours. Then I took a breath and realized his choice of words and how he phrased them weren’t the best, but it does exist in many areas of our society. However, not all are bad and it’s not good to group everyone in the same category.

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 01-28-2023 at 04:54 PM.