View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 11:46 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricNewspapers View Post
1948 Swell Sport Thrills Jackie Robinson.

There is nothing more iconic than a card that is showing the debut of Jackie Robinson, especially since the card itself explains how Jackie broke the MLB color barrier "under intense and dramatic conditions..."

It is the card that captures the essence of the Jackie Robinsons better than any of his other cards.

This card is truly a 1948 issue too...earlier than the Leaf.

Your kids will enjoy its growth more than other cards if they ever want to sell it down the road. Truly a tough card to get with a low population.
Brian,

Serious question, is the '48 Sports Thrills Robinson card now a $3K-$3.5K, or even higher value, card? But I do agree, it is a great card with a great image and story of Jackie. For whatever reason, the '48 Sports Thrills set never seems to get the appreciation, and value, it deserves. I know another member just sold the Gehrig and the Ruth/Gehrig cards from that set here on the B/S/T for what I thought were low prices. And the fact that someone jumped right on them kind of supports that thinking.

And the '48 Sports Thrills set is a "true" card set. Other issues, like the Bond Bread set, are not always considered "true" cards in the opinions of some others.

Last edited by BobC; 01-19-2023 at 11:58 AM.