View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 01:45 AM
Aaron Seefeldt

Hey Bob,
I’m not sure when it was graded but I acquired it in Hunt’s December auction and I am absolutely thrilled to have it! I collected white silks with backs many years ago…

A little story about Red Suns. About 25 to 27 years ago I was set up as a dealer at the Chicago Sun Times show (was held in the Rosemont Convention Center now known as the Donald Steven’s Center where the National is when in Rosemont, IL). The Sun Times show was 3 or 4 times a year. At one of the shows a guy approached my booth and saw that I had a bunch of white S74s w/ backs and he told me he had a bunch of them and would I care to look. He said he had a storefront and sold mostly modern cards but this group of silks came with a large purchase of other stuff… I forget exactly how many he had but it was more than 20 and they were all Red Suns! And most of them weren’t folded! Including the nicest Cobb I ever saw, now in an SGC 7. This was before grading services ruled the roost so they were unslabbed. There were several HOFers in there! I bought the whole group for $1500. I kept them for a couple years in my collection then sold them in a Mastro auction. I always regretted selling the Cobb.