Thread: BST etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 09:14 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Yup, more than once I've followed someone elses a "PM sent" post with a private I'll take it if still available at full price message. Until a deal is done and confirmed, all options are open to the seller.

Where I think items can get a bit trickier are when 2 people say they'll take it for the same price before a deal is confirmed. Should you always have to sell to the first person? What if the first person is someone you dont trust/is antagonistic and the second is a good friend? I know there have been a couple board members I would have declined selling items to even if they were the only buyer and offered more than my asking price.
This is why I include a line that I reserve the right to decline to do business with anyone for any reason. There are a couple nutters with personal vendettas and/or threaten to sue over cognizance of facts they don’t like that I’m not dumb enough to enter a deal with. If you get a “take it” from an individual it is not safe to do business with, one should not feel compelled to let them buy it. Way too much risk.

If a random person says they’ll take it before a friend does, I’d honor the randoms earlier offer.