View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 04:18 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by squelch View Post
This summer I submitted about 60 cards to PSA at the Atlantic City National Sports Collectors Convention.

Today I received word from PSA that my cards are soon to be graded and that I am advised to have PSA ship them to the Goldin Auctions Vault as soon as they are graded.

Would this not be akin to the FDA owning a pharmaceutical company?

The first thing that went through my mind is that my decision to act on their request, which they made BEFORE they graded my cards, would or certainly could influence the grades of my cards.

I would also point out that JSA who authenticate signatures now run their own auctions.

I have 0 evidence suggesting either of the 2 companies have acted with impropriety. Still, these mergers/acquisitions are detrimental to the hobby. Abuse of trust can easily happen. No grader or authenticator should be allowed to sell the products whose legitimacy they determine.
Please point me to a JSA run auction. I do not believe they are running their own auctions. They may send out emails featuring other auction houses which may use them for authentication but that is different from them running their own auctions.