View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 08:06 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioCRN View Post
On the total opposite side of things, it was nice to be able to get rid of an insane amount of junk wax era stuff that was cluttering up the place at rather nice prices.

Who knew a market for 1990 Juan Gonzalez graded cards (especially the Donruss Rev Neg error) would emerge again in the 2020? All those "might as well keep them rather than take a loss" 85 McGwire cards suddenly became a profit.
A huge +1. I also unloaded a ton of stuff for really good money that you couldn't give away before. Not sure how the graded junk wax is doing but the majority of ungraded is returning to being almost worthless again.

Can't help but to think the Bill Mastro element is driving the explosion in prices through new levels of scams
Yes it is amazing how just a few people can and do manipulate the market so easily. Kinda always been that way though. Best advice on that is to never buy the cool hot card(s) because it/they are only cool and hot because it is being pumped and dumped by someone/group. I used to hate that about the hobby, then in the last few years I have decided it is fun to sit back and watch.

Last edited by bnorth; 12-15-2022 at 08:13 AM.