View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
The one thing I give McGwire credit for is not lying about it. He came clean and didn't implicate anybody else. It was good to see a player owning it and not trying to convince everyone (especially the US congress) otherwise.

I hope McGwire makes it before those other PED players that tried to make us all believe it was their natural ability. Funny how that ability only lasted for all of them during the same time period.

Nothing wrong with being a nice guy. Look at Mariano Rivera, obviously the ultimate nice guy. The first and only 100% first ballot vote getter. I still have a difficult time trying to figure out how some players were not 100% vote recipients.

Someone mentioned Papi and PEDs. Well, what's that tell you? Papi wasn't an ass to the press.

Look at Ted Williams, he wasn't a "press" darling yet they at least had enough respect to vote him with about 93.4% of the vote (oh yeah, no PEDs for Ted).
When did McGwire confess to all his PED use? All I remember is his constantly saying "I am not here to talk about the past" or some silly thing like that.