View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 03:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Yes. I was an original employee. It was an interesting place to work. I remember a few musicians who came in - Frank Zappa, Daryl Hall and Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith. I gave Hamilton a ration for doing lines. He apologized. Dennis Eckersley also came in once. For the new wave fans I also saw some interesting shows there - The Fall, Chelsea, Waitresses, Skatt Brothers, The Neighborhoods and the Modettes. In 1981 they moved the WBCN Rumble from The Rat to Spit. One of the bands I saw was the Young Snakes with lead singer Aimee Mann. This was a few years before 'Til Tuesday.
Spit of course had a reputation, but when I went out during law school it was more to "sophisticated" clubs like Maxwell's which was a favorite of Robert Parish among others. I am sure it was incredibly tame compared to Spit.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.