View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 08:05 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Nic, there is no right or wrong answer. I 'm just pointing out how so many things have changed over the years, and a lot of people may not realize it.

My biggest question/concern is for someone like Bieber. If people can't validate the Dodgers WS championship that year, then how can they in their thinking still validate Bieber's achievement? Same thing with all the player stats as well. Way I look at it is, either EVERYTHING counts, or none of it does. You can't just arbitrarily decide some stats and achievements count, while others don't. Makes no logical sense. At least not to me.
What would we argue about if we couldn’t argue about which stats should count and which should be ignored/discounted/beasterisked!!???

I will observe that most media reports, when they refer to the 2020 season and discuss whatever was accomplished during that season, in the next breath invariably also go out of their way to remind the reader that the 2020 season was a pandemic-shortened 60 game season. So to some extent, I would argue that it’s already happening. Maybe not a wholesale dismissal of the season, but certainly a very real focus on putting those achievements into context so that a reader can decide for themselves whether those accomplishments are really as meaningful as accomplishments compiled over a 162-game season.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 10-17-2022 at 08:11 PM.