View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 08:03 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Not looking to get in the middle of anything but a few points were made that cought my eye.
1- The 12 million dollar Mantle is in a slab. And yes it is but for almost all of its 70 years it was not in a slab. Only graded by sgc this year. And the owner obviously did a good job caring for the card outside of any slab.
2- We all know that time and the elements are not kind paper items. Spending a little time learning how to preserve them makes sense to me. I thank David for his many suggestions on preservation.
3- It was not long ago that PSA issued letters of authentication and did not slab autographed items. I personally prefer a letter to a slab. And provides the easy identification and marketability for my estate when I move on.
4- I just dont think I can get behind ( pardon the pun) wiping Gehrig Payroll checks on a dogs ass. Lou Gehrig has been my favorite ballplayer for most of my life. A great example of a life well lived and I do agree 200 or 500 years from now Gehrig will have some level of importance.