View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 10:31 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
What do you mean by ebay does not allow communication between seller and buyer/bidder? I do not recall ever seeing a listing where you cannot contact the seller. If you mean you cannot send him your email or vice versa, there is a way around that. Take any photo at all. If you have an editing program that is good, if not, then marker or pen. Put your email on the photo and sent the seller a message and attach the photo which is quite easy. Ask them to look at the photo you sent. That gets around the ebay censors. I knew someone who lost my business card, but I knew their ebay name. I sent them a note and they did just that. My business with them was not ebay related so this was just a means to an end.
Two things I've done:
1. A guy had a $1,000+ item, and our offers and counter offers were close, about $200 apart (which was about the ebay fee.) So I bought an inexpensive card he had listed, and from that I got his return address and contacted him. We made the deal on the more expensive item easily.

2. I live in a small town and my phone number is listed. So I'll send the seller a message through ebay and sign with my full name, city, and state. If the seller understands what I'm doing, he can easily look up my number.