View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:47 AM
Bob Donaldson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
That's amazing, so little vintage at such a big show. BUT...happy to see the hobby passing down to a new generation, and why shouldn't they have their own cards of their own heroes? I do, however, remember the first generation of "Becketteers" in the mid 90s who would drag a chair near a trash can so they could riffle through new foil packs faster than your eye could follow, picking out inserts, refractors, etc., and leaving piles of cards they had no use for filling the cans and on the floor. That blew my mind, throwing away all those cards, but they were smart, entrepreneurial kids cashing in on a craze, and it looks to me like much the same going on today. That was almost 30 years ago, I wonder how many of those "kids" have any involvement in the hobby and what has happened to their generation of cards?
To each their own, but I can't say it seems that those kids with the slabbed cards lunchbox and I even are participating in the same hobby :-)