View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:45 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
Yeah, I just bought a raw card from GM Cards with both set-break in title and it's a 1980's Star basketball card...and still is going to the CSG authenticator just to be delayed and not ultimately authenticated. Greg Morris lists the set correctly (in the Item Specifics section) as 1984-85 Star, so I don't know how that gets tagged for authentication.
I also had a GM PSA card win go through PSA to authenticate. Since I live on the east coast this caused only a 3 day delay in my receiving it. I won a $500+ PSA card from an east coast seller and after being shipped to PSA and then back east it was almost 10 days (five days on 2 day PM).

I just won a PSA card for $499.99 from a seller 4 hours away from me. Somehow this card also now needs to be sent to PSA to be authenitcated....instead of arriving in 2 days, it will likely now be 8-10 days to receive due to 2 cross country trips. I intentionally offered this amount to AVOID this time-consuming process.

The card was a best offer option (originally priced over $500), the sale price w/o s/h was less than $500. Per ebay's t/c, $500 is the floor. Any ideas as to why a card with a sale price less than $500 now has to be authenticated??

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 08-10-2022 at 06:46 AM.