View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 10:50 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Just scanning all of the YouTube videos to find decent run-downs (meaning videos showing the vintage cards in all of their glory) of The National was a 'SMH to the Max' undertaking. The self-importance of these (are they really called) 'influencers' was annoying as all hell. They pretend they're doing a walk-through for the people who couldn't attend, but 99.9% of it is them talking about themselves and referring to other videos they've done. Plus, do people have actual names anymore? Even a regular nickname? Every person mentioned was just a screen name. Not once did I hear one of these self-involved people say, "Hey, it was great finally meeting Dave in person. What a guy!" Nope. More like, "On day 3, I received a great gift from "PackBreakingNerdBoy187," who I know through "RippingInMyBasement492." He does a podcast with "DuckDuckGooseyGoo22." Don't forget to hit the 'subscribe' button!!!"
There's only so much I could take of these videographing 'personalities.' My gawd!!!!
Thanks for the laughs. So ridiculous, and has absolutely nothing to do with the hobby I know and love. I understand there’s a big market for it, but wish they had a second (or alternate) National just to accommodate this nonsense.